Monday, August 5, 2013

A Ghost Adventure....

While visiting New Orleans last month, we took a walking Haunted History ghost tour one evening. My youngest daughter has always wanted to go on one, so for her senior trip we planned a girls week of fun! We didn't go late at night - too scary - but at dusk - perfect twilight time!! It was fun and very informative. I love learning about the history of old buildings! My daughter new about most of the legends from watching TV, so she was excited to see them in person - and try to catch a glimpse of a ghost. I never saw anything unusual.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut a double layer large title - one gray cardstock and one vellum, which I offset layered. I then layered on several photos and my smaller title. For the "ghost" and "N.O." letters, I painted some cork Thickers using some crackle paint in picket fence. I love the effect it gave to the letters! I actually used my borders punch here - I haven't used them in ages!! I'm still into typing my journaling onto vellum. I used products from my July Studio Calico scrapbook and project life kits, plus bits and pieces from my stash.

Thanks so much for looking!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

1 comment:

  1. That offset title is very striking, I too like the crackle paint to give texture. Sounds like a great girly adventure.

    ReplyDelete