Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Using up embellishments

I tend to hoard my embellishments - I have so very very many half (or more!!) packs of embellishments that I never seem to use up! So I challenged myself to use an entire pack of embellishments on one layout. The pack I used was a pack of over 50 pieces of chipboard that I got in one of my Studio Calico kits. I realized that I would have to make the all those pieces a design element so it wouldn't look like I just threw a bunch of chipboard onto my page! So, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut some circles on my base cardstock and then backed the circles with some patterned paper (love that arrow design!). I then surrounded the edges of the circles with the arrow and geotags pieces of chipboard. I also layered a couple of the word tags that were also part of the chipboard pack. I used up ALMOST the entire pack - I still have about 3 pieces left but that is so much more manageable than having most of the pack left!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the pebbles paper and the geotags/arrows! So cute! Love this page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colors! Very cool way to use up those chipboard pieces without making the layout look too busy, great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job integrating all those chipboard stickers into a design. Love the papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge and result - amazing how many pieces you can end up with scattered in packets.

    ReplyDelete