Thursday, November 15, 2012

You shine.....

Still scrapping some of Danielle's senior photos! The pictures we took in the harbor are definitely my favorites!

I used products from my November Studio Calico kit to make this. I love the SC circle graph paper  - it reminded me of the sun, so I cut the center circle out to use in that way. I stamped one of the stamps that was in the Poodle Skirt add-on kit all around the outside edge using Prima ink and then machine stitched in between most of the stamped images. After layering the diecut pieces (which are Dear Lizzy by American Crafts) I added some wood veneer "sunrays" (the triangles) and a couple of the SC feathers. I cut the word "shine" using my Silhouette Cameo and the AC POW glitter paper for some added shine! For one more pop of color, I used one of the BG vellum stickers down the side and some splatters of Mister Huey.

Just an FYI - I totally messed up the stamping when I stamped the first stamped image and it was upside down!! And also, the stamped edge did not meet up at the two ends when I got all the way around the circle and there was a huge gap! That's where most of the clustering is on the left side!! Love hiding my mistakes!! ;) If only you knew how many times I do that!! That's why I'm not afraid to just go for it - most boo-boos can be covered!!

Thanks for looking and I hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Really like the stitching - adds such a nice touch. Great photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stamping!!! and love the clustering of elements!! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete