Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Trying to play catch-up....


 

I've been so very busy with family visiting these past two weekends that I haven't had a lot of time to blog or really to scrap! But I did get a couple of layouts done the other night that I wanted to post!

For both layouts, I finally broke into my October Studio Calico kit and used it to make these!

The top layout features one of the senior photos I took of my youngest this summer. We found the most gorgeous driveway as we were driving around and she jumped out of the car and I snapped a few pics of her before she got too self conscience! I used the very cool Sodalicious wood veneer arrows to highlight the photo around the corners. I made a heart shaped vellum pouch and filled it with some confetti made from the gold washi tape and some paper punched up into hearts (I used the negative space from the punched gold hearts layered around the page. I the title and the flourish using my Silhouette Cameo.

The layout has a photo of our golden retriever Rusty. He's such a ham - I love the smile he's giving me :)! The background piece was so bold that I didn't want to use a lot of extra embellishments so i left this pretty simple with just the matted photo and a few of the printable journal spots layered around that are available this month from Studio Calico. I love the look of the wide green graph washi tape on this - I think it makes everything else pop. I did a little stamping with the arrow stamp using the white Prima ink that I just purchased - love the way it stamps!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!! :)

7 comments:

  1. Both are fabulous!
    I still have to open my SC kit....it stinks when you have too much supplies to choose from LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are wonderful. I love the little sewn heart with the confetti and Rusty is a very handsome boy! I still don't have my october kit, it seems to be taking forever this month :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! What a gorgeous dog photo! He really does look like he is smiling for the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great, love your smiling pup-too funny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these! I love all the little details, like how you colored in the words you wanted to highlight on the TC paper, and all the little stickers you were able to add from the sheet of quotes. Love love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like the design of that top page with the word strips along the edge. I was looking at that green gridded strip and wondering where it was from - tis gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your LO's are beautiful and well balanced! Love!

    ReplyDelete