Tuesday, October 9, 2012

More fab My Mind's Eye.....

I can't believe how lucky I've been to create with another line by My Mind's Eye for my local scrapbook Store - Scrapbook Zone!! This is their new Christmas line "All is Bright". I just adore the colors - my precious aqua - with pops of deep red and greens and such whimsical designs!

I think this line is perfect for vintage photos, so I used a photo that I have of my sister on Christmas morning in 1966. Isn't she precious?? If you look to the very right edge of the photo you can just see a tiny edge of me!! :)

I love the chevrons and the base piece had all cream chevrons with the image printed in the bottom right corner. I took another piece of patterned paper from the same line that had chevrons of varying colors and cut a strip of them to layer under my triple matted photo - not only to highlight the photo, but to help ground the photo too. The designs matched perfectly so I had no trouble aligning in up in the correct spot. I then machine stitch along both edges for a quilted effect.

I used several pieces from the 12x12 chipboard package, and used the twine from the twine pack to tie everything together. I machine stitched right over the chipboard pieces which is so simple - I don't even change any setting on my sewing machine - it goes through the chipboard like butter! For my (very brief) journaling I typed it onto a piece of vellum and then layered it on top of the chipboard piece!

I cut the title out using my Silhouette Cameo.

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have a fabulous day!! :)

6 comments:

  1. now that is some seriously gorgeous paper and little girl as well. I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh Vintage Layouts!!! Love them!!! Awesome Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful how this old photo fits with this collection!
    Great design of the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a neat idea to add in the coloured chevrons in - really draws your eye in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout, how fun to design for your LSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your style and blog! Great work!

    ReplyDelete