Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Minds Eye Halloween...

I don't do many layouts of Halloween - I have tons of photos but I can never find the right paper to use, but I was thrilled to be able to try the new My Minds Eye Halloween line for some design team work at my local scrapbook store - Scrapbook Zone! The colors are nice and muted with just a little glittery zing and it has a nice vintage feel to it without going overboard, and I love the brads (which is always my favorite by MME anyway!).

I used some photos of my youngest daughter from last year. I cut the spiderweb doily using my Silhouette Cameo, which I cut in half to layer at the top and bottom of the layout. I made some rosettes and flowers and used the brads from the pack as the centers. I hated to lay my photo on top of the glitter scroll at the center of the layout, so I trimmed around the scroll with my craft knife and layered it on top of the photo! I used the spider web to house my journaling which I wrote using a pencil. I've been using just a regular pencil for my journaling lately - it's so much more subtle!

Thank so much for looking and have a wonderful day!  :)

1 comment: