Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lots of white space with pops of bright colors....

This is not my usual type of layout. I'm a layering, muted, dreamy colors with lots of blues and yellows type scrapper, but I am loving going out of my comfort zone to use these bright colors that are in my Studio Calico kits for the past two months. I still can't help myself and and I find myself pairing the muted and blues and yellows together. But every once in a while I like to do something different to shake things up!

This is my little cutie Maltese, Zoey, who loves to bring her tattered and worn bird to me to throw over and over and over again. It's her favorite game, and I just CANNOT resist that cute face with those dark little eyes staring up at me! She has me trained well...LOL!

I took the photos with my Instax Polaroid camera. I wanted to use the fun striped paper as a base area and I just layered some of the Amy Tan diecuts (that I ordered extra that did not come in the kit) all around the photos. I used some washi tape to make a frame around the entire 12x12 sheet of woodgrain cardstock, then dotted a few sequins and mists at the edges. The word bubble was cut from one of the sheets of patterned paper from an add-on and then I used the very cool American Crafts vinyl letters inside of it for the title. I think the title fits the photos perfectly!! :)

Thanks so much for looking and have a great day!! :)

10 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Valerie. I love the bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the colours on this are a treat! I love the washi frame and your dog is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these gorgeous colors! Such a great page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing page! Love the design and colors you picked. What a cute, cute pup you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you appear to be very comfortable outside of your comfort zone...the colours look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors! What a fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors look great against the white woodgrain. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tape as a border! It really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those eyes - what a cutie. Love the colours against the white woodgrain.

    ReplyDelete