Thursday, September 6, 2012

a new friend....

This is a layout of some photos of my husband walking around downtown Cozumel while we were on vacation and a dog started following him. It followed him for quite a while and he never even noticed until I pointed it out to him! These were taken in July of 2008, and I finally got around to scrapping them! I used products from my August Studio Calico and a few things from my stash (the wood veneer pieces, the flair button, and the journal spot which is one made by Lily Bee - I just found the pack yesterday when I was looking for something else! I loved those journal spots when I bought them, and then they got lost in my stuff! So glad I stumbled upon them because it matched the navy perfectly!).

The piece of cardstock with the orange and yellow painted side was a leftover end piece from a different project that I was working on that I used on another project. I had heat embossed a stamped border, then used my mists to paint over it to give it an ombre look. I ended up using just the strip and cut this side off and loved the way it looked and wanted to use it on a layout. The colors reminded me of the buildings in Cozumel that were painted such beautiful colors so I finally got out a few vacation photos to scrap. I have a few more photos from that vacation that will be showing up soon on some future layouts!

I can't believe that I finally finished off just about a whole entire SC kit (with 2 add-ons and extra paper to boot). I've never done that before! I have 2 whole pieces of patterned paper left that just don't go with anything that I'm working on right now, and just about all of the embellishments are gone so I'm calling it done! And just in time too because I got my September kit in today with tons of extras to use. :)

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!! :)

11 comments:

  1. I love the painted cardstock, it adds such a great pop of colour and works perfectly with the kit. Thats a great story about the dog following your DH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you finished the kit!! yay yay yay!! i love it when that happens! :) love the layout, esp the painted part, eye catching!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG on finishing a kit! I have yet to do that I've been subbing for a while. :O Love the lo, so much took look at!!! Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout! Great use of items from the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never never finished a kit, so - good on you!

    -Margrethe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never never finished a kit, so - good on you!

    -Margrethe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color and texture that paint brings. Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the painting on here. Great layout!!

    ReplyDelete