Monday, July 30, 2012

Dr. Seuss Quote Title



This is a layout of my son with a Dr. Seuss quote for the title. I had the large "today" piece already cut using my Silhouette Cameo (I think I use it for every project now!!) that I was going to use on another layout that just didn't work, and I looked and looked for a quote using the word today so I could use it on this layout. And then as I was looking at the stamps in my SC kit, I realized I had a stamp with the perfect quote for Jonathan! He is definitely a unique guy!! The stamp includes the whole quote, but I only used part of the stamp - I covered the part I didn't want to stamp with a piece of washi tape when I inked my stamp, then pulled the tape off right before I stamped the image to ensure that I wouldn't get ink where I didn't want it to be. I layered scraps and leftovers of pieces of pp that I had used on other layouts under my photo area and then sprinkled some of those very awesome SC veneer stars across my page. I added a few other styles of veneer on various parts of my layout too - I LOVE that veneer! And, I love this layout of my son who I miss very very much!!

Thanks for stopping by!! :)

5 comments:

  1. What a great, great page. The stars are perfect and your stamping trick is good to know. I use my cameo for most projects, but get a little overwhelmed by it sometimes. How do you make it part of your routine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wooden stars with the woodgrain paper!!! Your title work is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote and your layout is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quote and those wood veneer shapes are so fun to use. Managed to use some on the last project, think I have on almost every one just lately :lol:

    ReplyDelete