Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blur.....

This is all I see anymore of my youngest....she's always going, hardly ever letting me take her picture anymore. I was going to erase the picture of her when I saw it, but then I changed my mind - this is what she's always like - in perpetual motion. Not only is she in motion, but so is time....it's going by so quickly and next thing I know my baby will be gone - off to college and a new life. There is some journaling in the pocket on the layout - here's what it says:

"This is what life is like with this teenager right now. Constant motion, constant going, constant leaving, always on the go. It's never ending - and just how she likes it! I just need her to slow down some, spend some time with me before she's gone off to college. I just know once this one's gone, I probably won't see much of her anymore. She's my baby - the last of 3 - and I'll be heartbroken when she's gone. I need the blur to slow down and come into focus for just a little longer so that I can savor the last few years together, If only she could see things the way I do. But youth never does....."

Sigh.....I guess I'm just feeling a little melancholy today!!

I used my February Studio Calico kit (with add-ons) to make this. I inked those gorgeous chipboard letters with chalk ink (which I also used around the photo and to ink around other things too!). I did a little misting (white Mr. Huey), some sewing, some border punching and lots of layering! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!

6 comments:

  1. This LO is fabulous, and I totally feel you on the sentiments! They do grow up way too fast, and I just wish they'd understand that we need them to slow down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wow! Wow! This layout is absolutely great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout and I love that you used the blurry photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your LO looks awesome!!! Love this different kind of photo :)

    ReplyDelete