Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A quilted effect

Hi there, Valerie here!! I have tons of strips of patterned paper at the end of my scrap table right next to my paper trimmer that I just cannot throw away!! I love paper and I hate to throw away even the tiniest pieces of the gorgeous beauties. I've been looking at some cool quilts on Pinterest using strips and I thought that I would create a quilted effect on a card!


I used the butterfly die in the center of a piece of paper that I wanted to use on my card. I then sifted though all my paper strips to find the right combination to fill in my butterfly and attached the strips one at a time to the back of the punched butterfly. After the entire butterfly was covered I attached the entire piece to the center of a card base and did some sewing to further give it a quilted look! Easy peasy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment