Wednesday, June 1, 2011

So excited to part of this awesome team!

Hi there! I'm Valerie Bishop and I'm so excited to be a part of the GCD Studios design team! And to get to work with such gorgeous scrappy goodness - I'm in heaven!! :)

I got my box of goodies just in time to make a Mother's Day card for my mom!


I wanted to use some fun bright colors, and the the Soulfood and Funhouse lines fit the bill perfectly!! The colors go together so beautifully and the Funhouse line is just so FUN and playful!! I used some patterned paper from the Soulfood line and most of the embellishments are from Funhouse.

I took one a couple of the chipboard wheels from Funhouse and cut them in half to form a scalloped border and I used the rhinestones that I removed from the cut wheels as accents in the curlycues of my sticker border.

One of the fun techniques I used was debossing the chipboard title piece using the Chipart chipboard and the Bluebird uppercase letter stamps.

After debossing "MOM", I painted the entire piece yellow, then painted the word in pink. I used a dark pink fine tipped pen along the debossed edges to make the title pop! I layered the piece on top of a chipboard piece from the Soulfood collection to give my card some dimension! I added the flags as a fun and funky accent - perfect for my Mom!!


TFL and have fun creating!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute card - thanks for reminding me about those debossers I have a set somewhere....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valerie,
    love how you mixed the GCD lines. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete