Sunday, February 20, 2011

Vintage picture fun!!


I just love using the vintage pictures my mother gave me from when when I was a kid! I laugh every time I look at the clothes I'm wearing, but it also sparks cool memories of my childhood. This picture was taken on the day I first saw snow in my life in 1973! Living on the southern coast it's very rare for it to snow - I think it only snowed two times - maybe an inch each time - the 19 years that I lived down south! My sister and best friend are in the picture with me! For the techniques on the page I heat embossed the smaller snowflakes down one side using Zing embossing powder! They really POP off the page! Then, I spray misted over some large chipboard snowflakes using white Mister Huey by Studio Calico. On the edges of the chipboard letters, I daubed a little white paint with my paint dauber. TFL!

2 comments:

  1. I like the way the embossed snowflakes pop and the white spray/misted ones are fun looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the misting! I just ordered some zing - can't wait to get it and play!

    ReplyDelete