Thursday, August 26, 2010

A layout for a couple of challenges!


I made this layout yesterday for a couple of challenges on two different scrapbook sites! I did this for Studio Calico - where the challenge was to scrap a small photo. That was easy peasy - I have lots of small photos to scrap. I like cropping pics :). I also did this for Tallyscrapper where the challenge was to use distressed paper somewhere (I distressed the edges of the smaller pieces of patterned paper), use some paint (around the picture itself) and to use the word "smile" in the title. It was fun using my August Studio Calico kit for this - I haven't gotten to play with my kits as much as I'd like since I've had a lot of design team work and I also recently started working at my local scrapbook store! Those are both VERY good reasons not use my kits though, I'm certainly not complaining ;)! TFL!!

3 comments:

  1. Val, love how you layer your paper/mats/embellishments. That is something I struggle with but you make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. I am going to use it for my scraplift challange at OSU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun colours, you tempt me with those SC kits.

    ReplyDelete