Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Newest layouts using my Dec Studio Calico kit


I was just not really feeling the new December kit from Studio Calico when I got it. It just doesn't seem as full of cool embellishments as usual, so it's taken me a while to get into using this kit. But, I broke into it last night and I got inspired to do two layouts! The first layout I used a recent picture that someone took of us the kids and me while we were going on a day trip during Thanksgiving weekend. We stopped at a country market where they sell the best jelly and preserves and bulk items (candy and nuts and dried fruits....yum!) and the clerk volunteered to take our pictures since I was taking pics of the kids. She did a great job! I printed out a larger picture that I normally use because I wanted to cut it to fit on the diecut paper. I wanted to use the music paper because it looked patchwork, and I sewed in between the squares with t gray thread - it's subtle but I like it. It took forever for me to find a quote about family and music - and it was a long quote! - but the pack of Basic Grey chipboard alphas had plenty to use for the entire quote! The second layout I did was using pics of me when I was one and on an island off the coast of Mississippi with my mom. I love using vintage pics - I wish I had more and I am fast running out the ones that I do have to scrap with! I misted the pp first with my new blue Maya Mist (dark cornflower blue - love that color!). I used the chipboard alpha that I got in the kit - but the letters are red, so I sanded then inked them with teal Stazon ink. One of the Studio Calico exclusive pieces of paper had flags on them, so I cut them out to look like a banner and flags. Love that the pics are the center of attention here! TFL!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job! I love those Basic Grey letters - I swear I could easily buy a dozen or so of them! LOL! They're just so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I never mastered the way to use the SC kits like you do! They always turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always - these are amazing! Your picture with the kids is so nice and the LO is perfect. I love the beach baby page - how wonderful to have those great vintage photos.

    ReplyDelete